Concealed Carry appointments are available Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm.
Complete the online appointment form or call 417-582-5339 to schedule an appointment or to receive additional information.
If you complete the appointment form online, you will be emailed confirmation for an appointment time. Please check your junk mail for correspondence.
All individuals applying must first take a class with a certified instructor who is approved by the Missouri Sheriff’s Concealed Carry Permit System. The following is the process of applying:
- Submitting New Application
- Fee: $100.00
- Bring in driver’s license with current address and training certificate.
- Once the background is received, you will be notified when your permit is ready.
- You will have seven (7) days to pick up your permit.
- Submitting Renewal Application
- Fee: $50.00
- Bring in driver’s license with current address and permit card.
- A Permit card will be printed that day.
- We accept cash and debit or credit card ($3.00 processing fee for card transactions)
- Permit cards are valid for five (5) years.
The Sheriff’s Office will NOT notify you when it is time to renew. Each applicant is responsible for making a renewal appointment before your permit expires. Call to schedule an appointment.
Related Missouri State State Statutes:
571.101. 1. Concealed carry permits, application requirements–approval procedures–issuance, when–information on permit–fees.
571.102.1 (Repealed L. 2013 S.B. 75 § A)
571.104. 1. Suspension or revocation of endorsements and permits, when–renewal procedures–a change of name or residence notification requirements.
571.117. 1. Revocation procedure for ineligible permit holders–sheriff’s immunity from liability, when.