The Christian County Sheriff’s Office processed approximately 4,000 civil documents in 2015.
The types of Civil Process the Sheriff serves are citations, child support orders, garnishments, general executions, motions, subpoena’s, order of protection, replevin actions, a show of cause orders, summons, petitions, writs, unlawful detainers, mechanics liens, and any other document the court may request.
Effective January 12, 2021, the Christian County Sheriff’s Office Civil Process Unit will be updating our service fees in accordance with House Bill No. 2224 and mileage fee rates in accordance with the IRS 2021 Standard Mileage Rates. Below is a new chart reflecting the change in mileage fees and service fees. Should you have any questions, please contact the Civil Process Clerk at 417-582-5341 or submit this form for further information.
Effective March 1, 2021, certified mail postage fees are $5.54 per mailing plus the $30.00 service fee per person.
Papers submitted to the Christian County Sheriff’s Office for service must include payment upon receipt (check or money order) made payable to Christian County Sheriff.
If you have any additional questions, complete the online Civil Process Form or call 417-582-5341
CIVIL PROCESS FEES
|Child Support Notice||$30.00|
|Criminal Show Cause||$30.00|
|Execution Move-Out (Evictions)||$50.00|
|General Execution (Funds, Garnishment) *See Below||$50.00|
|General Execution Property *See Below||$30.00 PLUS |
$350.00 Cost Deposit
|Motion (Family Access Order, Other)||$30.00|
|Motion for Emancipation||$30.00|
|Notice (Probate, Intent to Suspend DL)||$30.00|
|Order (Adult/Child Exparte, Adult/Child Full Order of Protection, Adult/Child Notice of Hearing, Order extending Full Order of Protection)||$30.00 (Respondent may now be taxed)|
|Order (Delivery in Replevin, Income Withholding Order, Other)||$30.00|
|Order of Commitment||$85.00|
|Probate Guardianship Notice||$30.00|
|Subpoena (Civil, Juvenile, Notarial, Probate, Other)||$20.00|
|Summons (Associate Circuit, Circuit, Domestic Relations, Landlord Tenant, Juvenille, Other, Probate, Small Claims)||$30.00|
|Writ of Attachment||$85.00|
|Writ (Other, Sequestration, Transport)||$30.00|
Mileage Fees Per Document
- Garnishments are a flat fee with no mileage added.
- Fees are per document. Mileage is per trip (56 Cents per mile).
- For paperwork with multiple people to be served (i.e., unlawful detainers with motions to post and mailings), there will be a mileage charge plus the initial $30.00 fee for the first paper, and then $30.00 for each additional piece of paperwork after that for each additional person.
- Eviction Process: Once the eviction order is received from the Circuit Clerk’s Office, Deputies have five business days to complete the order. An assigned deputy will post the paperwork on the respondent’s door for eviction. After five days, the landlord or someone assigned to that address will need to see if the respondent is still living at such address. If they are, you will need to contact the Christian County Civil Division 417-582-5341 to set up a lockout date.
- We require a $350.00 cash deposit plus a $20.00 Service fee on all General Executions of Property. We will not attempt service until we have received the required deposit. This deposit may be in the form of a cashier’s check, money order, a check from a circuit clerk’s office, or law firm check. WE DO NOT ACCEPT PERSONAL CHECKS.
- The fees will be updated yearly on our county website.
MILEAGE FEES (3 SERVICE ATTEMPTS)
|Fremont Hills||12 Miles||$6.72|