The Christian County Sheriff’s Office processed approximately 4,000 civil documents in 2015.
The types of Civil Process the Sheriff serves are citations, child support orders, garnishments, general executions, motions, subpoena’s, order of protection, replevin actions, a show of cause orders, summons, petitions, writs, unlawful detainers, mechanics liens, and any other document the court may request.
Effective July 1, 2022, the Christian County Sheriff’s Office Civil Process Unit will be updating our service fees in accordance with House Bill No. 2224 and mileage fee rates in accordance with the 2022 IRS Standard Mileage Rates. Below is a new chart reflecting the change in mileage fees and service fees. Should you have any questions, please contact the Civil Process Clerk at 417-582-5341 or submit this form for further information.
Papers submitted to the Christian County Sheriff’s Office for service must include payment upon receipt (check or money order) made payable to Christian County Sheriff.
If you have any additional questions, complete the online Civil Process Form or call 417-582-5341
CIVIL PROCESS FEES
|Child Support Notice||$30.00|
|Criminal Show Cause||$30.00|
|Execution Move-Out (Evictions)||$50.00|
|General Execution (Funds, Garnishment)||$50.00|
|General Execution Property||$50.00|
|Motion (Family Access Order, Other)||$30.00|
|Motion for Emancipation||$30.00|
|Notice (Probate, Intent to Suspend DL)||$30.00|
|Order (Adult/Child Exparte, Adult/Child Full Order of Protection, Adult/Child Notice of Hearing, Order extending Full Order of Protection)||$30.00 (Respondent may now be taxed)|
|Order (Delivery in Replevin, Income Withholding Order, Other)||$30.00|
|Order of Commitment||$85.00|
|Probate Guardianship Notice||$30.00|
|Subpoena (Civil, Juvenile, Notarial, Probate, Other)||$20.00|
|Summons (Associate Circuit, Circuit, Domestic Relations, Juvenile, Other, Probate, Small Claims)||$30.00|
|Writ of Attachment||$85.00|
|Writ (Other, Sequestration, Transport)||$30.00|
Mileage Fees Per Document
- Garnishments are a flat fee with no mileage added.
- Fees are per document. Mileage is per trip (62 Cents per mile).
- For paperwork with multiple people to be served, there will be a mileage charge plus the initial $30.00 fee for the first paper; then $30.00 for each additional piece of paperwork after that for each additional person.
- Eviction Process: Once the eviction order is received from the Circuit Clerk’s Office, an assigned deputy will post the paperwork on the respondent’s door for eviction. After five days, the landlord or someone assigned to that address will need to see if the respondent is still living at such address. If they are, you will need to contact the Christian County Civil Division 417-582-5341 to set up a lockout date.
- WE DO NOT ACCEPT PERSONAL CHECKS.
- The fees will be updated yearly on our county website.
MILEAGE FEES (3 SERVICE ATTEMPTS)
|Fremont Hills||12 Miles||$7.44|