Urging residents to contact their Congressional representatives and express support for border security funding.
I support President Trump’s address to the American people regarding the need for the immediate funding and construction of a border wall and I call on my members of Congress from the State of Missouri to support funding and construction of the wall.
We have a growing humanitarian and security crisis at our Southern Border, as president Trump outlined in his address Tuesday night:
- Americans are hurt by uncontrolled, illegal migration.
- It strains public resources and drives down jobs and wages
- It is a pipeline for vast quantities of illegal drugs – including meth, heroin, cocaine and fentanyl.
- Each week, 300 of our citizens are killed by heroin alone – 90 percent of which floods across from our Southern Border and is produced by Mexico.
- More Americans will die from drugs this year than were killed in the entire Vietnam War.
- In the last two years, ICE officers made 266,000 arrests of aliens with criminal records – including those charged or convicted of 100,000 assaults, 30,000 sex crimes and 4,000 violent killings.
- Thousands of Americans have been brutally killed by those who illegally entered our country, and thousands more lives will be lost if we don’t act right now.
President Trump has presented Congress with a detailed proposal to secure the border and stop the criminal gangs, drug smugglers and human traffickers. The proposal was developed by law enforcement professionals and border agents at the Department of Homeland Security. The proposal from Homeland Security includes cutting-edge technology for detecting drugs, weapons and other illegal contraband.
A border wall will quickly pay for itself. The cost of illegal drugs exceeds $500 billion dollars a year – far more than the $5.7 billion that is requested from Congress.
To every Member of Congress: Please pass a bill which is productive and will help to end the continued flow of illegal migration, drugs and human trafficking into our country, which then takes root in my local community.
To every citizen: Please contact your Congressional representatives and tell them to finally – after all of these decades – secure our border and stop the devastation to our local communities with drugs and criminality.
Sheriff Brad Cole